Tuesday, June 26, 2012

weekend happenings ...

So it seems I turned another year older last Friday.


This was the only and unexpected photo taken of me on my
43rd
birthday.
Little Nikita was sure it was her birthday all over again
(it's only been 3 months)
We spent the weekend in Melbourne with family.
Ate paella for dinner and then a surprise black forest cake!
We strolled along the Esplanade in St Kilda on Saturday morning
and
roller skated Saturday arvo.
My jaw was sore from smiling and laughing.
I had forgotten how much fun roller skating is
despite the fact I haven't for approx 30 years
We hung with the uber cool on Brunswick St on Sunday indulging in coffee, lunch
and a spot of shopping
 and then drove home late sunday night.
It was perfect.

I have a stack of hemming to finish, dresses hanging strategically around my living area that need tweaking, a pile of newly acquired vintage sheets to wash and the most incredible genuine 50's outfit to photograph and share with you.
another of my op shop finds

I hope you all had a fab weekend too
Dee x



10 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Dee! Love that picture. Here's to a fabulous year. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodmorning Dee...first of all happy late birthday you are now 20 years younger than me!!!! I have posted your Jubilee Swap parcel,I am sorry it was so slow but health rules the world it seems..but better late than never,I hope I have chosen well for you,living in a small community does not make the finding easy lol.Have a lovely week.Blessings Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a fab time celebrating it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Dee! It was mine on Monday (got a few more years under my belt than you though!)
    Sounds as though you had a fabulous time, that's what birthdays are for! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a great cake and that you had a marvellous day! Many happy returns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A big happy birthday to you lady! sounds like you enjoyed the best kinda birthday. Hemming hmmm boring but it has to be done. I always do my hemming with music, it takes my mind of the menial task. x Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday for last Friday. Sounds like a great weekend. Can't wait to see your 50s outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Miss Dee happy happy birthday and lots of wonderful vintage finds for the year ahead!!!
    I am so excited to see the 50's treasure.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect weekend - I love Melbourne! Happy Birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling - I don't know how I missed this one - HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR WEEKS AGO!!! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so leave yours here and I will endeavour to reply as soon as I can............

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...