Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy haberdashery


You can never really have enough, ha???  I found these treasures at my local op shop this week for a gold coin!!! I'm not an embroider-er really, but there's never a better time than NOW to start.

It's been a busy week this week, kids are home for school holidays and we have had two trips to our nearest BIG towns for appointments, movies and what-knots.  In between I have been s l o w l y getting my sewing studio organised.  It is well overdue as I have been using my dining area as a "sweat-shop"............




Actually, I'm a bit over setting up the machine and the kitchen table caper and then packing it all up again at every meal time!!!  More than once I have had to wipe tomato sauce off a piece of fabric, so............................

I am setting up our spare room off the shed into "The Sewing Studio".  I've been in the process of planning this for a while but it's taking longer than I had initially anticipated!!! Mainly due to the fact that I had to wait for" Mr ODB" to be available to lift very heavy furniture OUT so I could move lots of shelving and tubs of fabric IN.

I have to say though, sewing has been rather cosy and conveniently located, at the kitchen table  (ie : jug for making copious coffees, the fridge if I'm feeling peckish and of course the Loo!)  but I need to be practical about this venture if I'm planning on earning an income from sewing at home!!!

So keep tuning in to the continuing saga here at one denim bird.............

Hope you are all having a fab weekend,

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments so leave yours here and I will endeavour to reply as soon as I can............

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...